In the blogging world, the Liebster Award is online recognition given by bloggers to other new bloggers for enjoying or valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit favorite new up and coming blogs within our writing community.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination
Here the questions Kristen wanted answers to:
I loved these questions Kristen! They really made me think hard about my blog & my intentions with it! Thanks pretty lady!!!
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I enjoy writing and wanted to share it with others.
- What advice would you give another new blogger? Be yourself!
- How would you describe your blog? My blog is a lifestyle blog about focusing on the important things in life instead of getting caught up in the rat race. I am willing to write about pretty much anything, but tend to end up with lots of posts on marriage and parenting.
- Is blogging your profession or hobby? I do it as a hobby, but it honestly feels like a profession sometimes, as it is much more time consuming than I thought it would be.
- What topic do you enjoy writing about most? I have a lot of fun with my random, rambly posts to be completely honest, but I think writing about motherhood tends to come most naturally.
- What do you envision for your blog one year from now? I thought I knew, but recently God has shown me that He has other plans for me, so honestly at this point I’m just taking it one step at a time.
- What is one fact your bloggers don’t know about you? I have a book called “2,001 Things to do Before You Die” and I have been checking off things since 2011. I am considering making my journey to check them all off a series on my blog site. I’m still playing with the idea as honestly there’d be so much to write about it might need it’s own website! Haha
- Are there any topics you refuse to write about? Not that I can think of
- What do you believe is the most important part of a successful blog? I think making genuine connections is so, so important. I also think, aside from those connections though, you are blogging for YOU. Don’t write articles to try to impress or gain followers. Write articles because it’s something important to you, something you’re passionate about!
- How do you balance your family,work/blogging and social life? I am still working hard on this one and will take and all suggestions! As for family, currently, my husband and I have a weekly date night (we have for years!) and it is something that does not get cancelled! Maybe rescheduled to an earlier or later night in the week, but never cancelled. We have one daughter and I stay home with her so we get lots of quality time together!. As for blogging, I am striving to have a set blogging schedule but as of now it is done at night when my husband is working/busy or when my daughter is napping. As for social life, we rarely say no to invite. Luckily we aren’t overly busy or overly bored with the number of things we are invited to so it works out perfectly. If it is an adult event, we find a sitter. If we can’t find a sitter, one of us still goes.
- How often do you write and post new content? I try to write daily, even if it is for only a few minutes. I post new content at least once a week.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
I seriously love pointless facts – whether it’s a wacky science book or someone’s Instagram post – I just find it so interesting! Maybe that should have been my first fact…
- I do not watch TV. Not that I have anything against it, it is just not something I enjoy.
- I am not a very good cook, but really enjoy making dinners for my hubby. I must have a recipe though!
- I have my Masters degree in Reading.
- I moved annually for six years straight. First place I left because I graduated college, second place didn’t feel like home, third place the landlord sold, fourth place was an apartment chosen via the Internet (badddd idea), fifth place was a temporary home while we shopped around, sixth place is our current home.
- I met my husband my freshman year of college, but didn’t date him until a year after I graduated.
- My daughter “took” my middle name, since I dropped it when I got married.
- All three of our pets are rescue animals and it is something I am very, very passionate about! #adoptdontshop
- My birthday is on the 13th. The year I turned 13, it fell on a Friday.
- I naturally went into labor the day before my due date and my daughter was born a couple hours after the sun rose on her actual due date.
- My favorite food is macaroni and cheese.
- I do not keep any sweets in our house because I don’t have self control when it comes to food.
11 Bloggers I’ve Chosen to Nominate:
I genuinely love the blogs of these beautiful ladies! You should definitely take some time and check them out, unless, you already know how fabulous they are. In that case, keep showing them love!
- Jordan of Wished for This
- Kierra of Beautiful Effort
- Maeve of Everyday Maeve
- Samantha of Upon a Lovely Little Life
- Andrea of For the Love of Honey
- Lauren of Imperfect Adventures
- Jessica of Everything Adored
- Keala of Recipe for a Sweet Life
- Spencer of Spencer Unlimited
- Rachel of Simply Stoked
- Carly of Carly and Sloan
Here are the questions I would like you to answer:
I had to ask a few silly ones! If I’m serious for too long it makes me anxious.
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
- What the most stalkerish thing you’ve ever dealt with via social media? (yes, I just went there)
- If you could choose ONE person to happen across your blog who would it be?
- Have you ever questioned something you wrote after posting it?
- What do you do when you’re not blogging?
- If you are going to advertise something from your blog which form of social media do you tend to lean towards most?
- Is there something you’d like to add to your site that you either don’t have the means to right now or just haven’t found the time to work on?
- Has your blog name ever changed?
- What is the title of your favorite piece you’ve ever written (and posted)?
- Do you have any series going on on your blog? When does it/do they run?
- What’s your favorite thing about your blog?
Congratulations to all of you for being nominated for the Liebster Award. As I said, I genuinely love all of your blogs! Keep up the good work!
And as always, share the love, encourage one another, and continue making your mark!